Posted by openarmsmike
Message delivered at Reston Bible Church, May 19, 2019
Jesus is not less than our personal Lord, but He is so much more. Even when the artificial lights of the world dim our view of this reality, we can stand firm on the Word of the Lord which assures us that Jesus is King of a kingdom that will never be shaken.
- What is one thing about this message that was particularly helpful, challenging, or encouraging for you?
- Have you ever been shown something that was new for you, but that had been there the whole time?
- Read and discuss 2 Kings 6:15-17, Romans 5:17 and 1 Peter 2:9. What do you note about God and His kingdom? Do you believe that Jesus reigns as King and that His kingdom is here In our midst? Why or why not?
- In what ways is Jesus’ kingdom made manifest through His people?
- In what ways do we reign with and through Christ? What does this mean? How does believing this impact how we live?
- Read and discuss Matthew 10:26-33. How does fear reveal our faith? How does fearing the right thing give us an “otherworldly confidence“?
- Discuss the following statement: Scripture does not teach the purely personal lordship of Jesus. He is not less than our personal Lord, but He is so much more. In what ways do you have a limited lordship view of Jesus?
- What does it look like for you to step out in confidence and faith because you have the “letters from the King”? Who do you need to introduce to the true King?
- Spend some time in prayer for the things you’ve discussed. Ask that God would shift your gaze from the artificial lights of the world to behold His