Category Archives: Uncategorized
- What was your wedding ceremony like?
- What do you remember from your vows? Were yours traditional, or did you do something original?
- What is one take away you had from today’s talk?
- How is your “airframe”? How does considering your marriage as a covenant, “exchange of persons” change your perspective?
- Looking back at what grace does, how have you experienced grace with your spouse? Do you desire to be an agent of grace in your marriage? What keeps you from living in that?
June 23, 2019 Mike Meyers HomeFront
- What was one thing about this message that you found particularly compelling, encouraging, challenging, or beneficial?
- In what ways is the moral fabric of our nation becoming unraveled? How ought the church live in the midst of such divisive days?
- Read and discuss Luke 6:40, Acts 1:8, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 12:30-31. What do these show us about Jesus’ mission and vision for His church?
- Read through and consider the parable of the good Samaritan in Luke 10:25-37. How does the gospel compel us to love others with the love of Christ?
- How does Jesus turn the word “neighbor” from a noun into a verb? What are the implications of this?
- What is the difference between “do no harm neighboring” and “active/present neighboring”? What do the Scriptures call us to?
- How would you describe the depth of love you have for your neighbors?
- Why do you think God has put you in the lives of the people around you? What obstacles keep you from neigbhoring well?
- What is one practical way you can grow in your love for others? In what ways do you need to “go and do likewise” (Luke 10:37)?
- Spend time in prayer for things you’ve discussed. Give thanks to God that in Jesus, He was neighbor to us. Pray that He would give you strength, passion and a plan to obey in the direction of His command to love our neighbors.
If we truly know Jesus, we will not allow time, fear of awkwardness, a judgmental spirit, or other obstacles to hinder us from loving our neighbors as ourselves. To follow up on The Heart of Neighboring message, here are some resources and starting points for you to consider as you apply Jesus’ call to “be neighbor” to those around us (Luke 10:36-37).
EQUIPPING THE SAINTS COURSE: The Art of Neighboring
This course looks at “His Kingdom come” in your neighborhood – practical ways to be salt and light close to home. This 4-session class will include a biblical basis for neighborhood ministry and will cover the means, methods, and resources available. We’ll discuss topics like meeting felt needs in Jesus’ name, the impact of everyday kindness, youth coaching and other community involvement, and the power of hospitality, among others. You’ll hear from other RBC brothers and sisters and learn from their victories as well as their failures. Our next session will be held March 8-29, 2020 on Sundays at 10:45 a.m. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
BOOKS & ONLINE RESOURCES
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World (Amazon)
- The Simplest Way to Change the World: Biblical Hospitality as a Way of Life (Amazon)
- The Art of Neighboring: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside Your Door (Amazon)
- TheNeighboringLife.com Resources (Website)
Intimacy is far more than simply the physical or the sensual. Intimacy in marriage is a beautiful and intricate dance between body, soul, and spirit.
Notes & Discussion Questions
Roadblock removal & Bridge Repair
- Bridge Repair in the Spirit
- Prayer & Confession (James 5:6, Matt 18:19-20)
- Abiding in the Word (John 15:4 & 7)
- Abiding in the Body (Hebrews 10:25, 1 John 1:3)
Bridge Repair in the Soul
- Know yourself (Lamentations 3:40, Romans 12:3)
- Know your spouse (1 Corinthians 12:21)
- Find ways to “do” life together
- Take care of your emotional health (Proverbs 14:30, 17:22)
Bridge Repair in the Body
- Take care of the “temple” (1 Corinthians 3:16-17, 3 John 1:2)
- Men: Woo & pursue (Song of songs 5:2)
- Ladies: Desire & entice (Song of songs 3:4)
- What bridges have you found to be either washed out or damaged? How has that shown up in your relationship?
- What heart/attitude adjustments do you need to make?
- What steps can you be taking together to rebuild those bridges?
- How can we be praying for one another in our marriage?
9 and 10:45 AM – 45650 Oakbrook Court, Dulles, VA 20166
Colossians 3 – New life, New authority, New identity, New purpose, New Love
A talk given at HomeFront, a couples ministry of Reston Bible Church
- What was one thing you found particularly challenging, insightful, thought provoking, or helpful from today’s talk?
- Why do I entertain escapist ideas or at times want to run from other’s in need?
- What are some storms going on around you, now or in the past, that you’ve wished you could hide from?
- How have you seen Christ use your times in the “eye” to help others?
A message given to the youth at Reston Bible Church – March 25, 2018
Questions for Reflection:
1. What counterfeit adventures or solutions to life’s struggles have you been following? How is that working out for you?
2. What is holding you back from following Jesus?