Bootcamp to Battlefield – Colossians 3:1-17
A message given at Reston Bible Church – October 14, 2018
When you put your faith in Christ, you enter into a new life, you place yourself under a new authority, you take on a new identity, you are given a new purpose, and you have a new love.
DOWNLOAD AUDIO HERE
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION
- What was one thing from this message that you found particularly interesting, helpful, or challenging?
- If someone were to ask you to explain what Christianity is all about, what would you tell him?
- What do life, authority, identity, purpose, and love look like in the world? How are they different in Christ? How did your life change when you came to faith in Christ and “put on the new self”?
- Read and discuss Colossians 3:1-17. How does this passage describe and instruct your new life, new authority, new identity, new purpose, and new love in Christ?
- What does it mean to say that Christ “is your life”? Can you profess that with a whole heart? If not, what is holding you back?
- What does unity in the body of Christ look like? Why is that unity such a powerful testimony to the world?
- Spend some time in prayer that God would help you so that “whatever you do, whether in word or deed” would be done in the name of Jesus.
Posted on November 11, 2018, in The Church and tagged #lastmanstandingchurch, #restonbiblechurch, @restonbible.org, Christian, Church, discipleship, ministry, pastor, teaching, theology. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.