Reston Bible Church – October 10, 2021
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SHEPHERD GROUPS
- What was one thing that particularly encouraged or challenged you from this message?
- Have you ever asked yourself, “Am I missing something in my Christian life?” Are you discouraged by comparing yourself to God’s holy standard or to other people in the church? How do the Scriptures provide hope?
- What are some implications or benefits of being “adopted” into God’s family?
- Why is the body of Christ, the church, such an important component of spiritual growth?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 4:11-16, Romans 8:26-30, and John 15:1-11. How do these passages speak to God’s design for our spiritual growth? What does it mean to “abide” in Christ? What are some characteristics of a spiritually mature believer?
- Do you see ways in which you are growing in Christ? Are you abiding in Him and beholding His glory within a community of believers? If not, what are some ways you can “turn your feet” toward His commands?
- Spend some time in prayer that God would help you grow in faith, grow in love, and grow to be more like His Son.