Category Archives: The Church
Audio (MP3) –
- What was 1 take away from this week?
- Between humility, gentleness, patience, and tolerance in love, which do you find most challenging?
- How have you cultivated spiritual intimacy in your marriage?
- How has your faith made you stronger as a couple? Can you share an example?
- What was one major take away for you from this talk?
- Of the three “arenas” of trust (physical, emotional, spiritual), which is most challenging for you as a couple?
- How have you built or maintained trust and what are the benefits you’ve seen?
- Pick one area you’d like to focus on as a couple. What can/will you do to grow in this area of building trust and/or entrusting yourself to your spouse?
- Can you share a time when trust was damaged and how you went about repairing it?
Listen (MP3) –
- Which of these lessons have you experienced in this tribulation?
- God’s kindness is evident even in trials
- There is beauty in simplicity
- I can live with less stuff
- Community is worth fighting for
- The lost and vulnerable are all around us
- What other lessons have you taken from this pandemic experience?
Listen (Audio MP3) –
- Can you share how a time of tribulation has impacted your marriage?
- Which of these perspectives on tribulation is most challenging for you? Tribulation…
- Cannot separate us from God’s love
- Is worked out in community
- Is not to be feared
- Should be rejoiced over (spiritual formation, advancement of the gospel)
- Prepares us for service
- Can be a sign of spiritual warfare
- Can be God’s correction of sin
- Is a powerful testimony when responded to through a godly perspective
- How would you counsel another couple that is seeking perspective in the midst of a trial?
- How would you define unity in marriage as opposed to uniformity?
- How can you prevent one spouse “disappearing” in the marriage relationship?
- Which of Peter’s points to you find most challenging; sympathy, brotherly love, tenderness, or humility? Why?
Listen (Audio Only):
- How can you cultivate an atmosphere of love in our home? Be specific.
- What can you do to strengthen yourself in the joy of the Lord in the midst of storms, and fight off the panic?
- How have you seen God’s faithfulness in the midst of our current trials or a trial you have been through previously?
Listen (Audio Only)
- Which of these points had the most impact in your mind: the soil of an affair, the three phases, or the affair proofing steps?
- How have you seen this play out in your experience (personally or observed)?
- Have you discussed boundary setting? If so, what boundaries have you created that might be helpful to others?
- Has this talk helped you identify any vulnerabilities in your defenses? Explain.
Listen (Audio only)
- Wife/husband do you understand the three points Mike & Patricia shared that wives/husbands need to know? (Points listed below) What question do you have about these for your husband/wife that might help you understand?
- Which of these ideas is most difficult for you to embrace?
- What has been your experience with these truths in your marriage?
Three Things Husband/Wives Need to Know and Embrace
For the husbands
- Be a companion not a hookup.
- Cherish without ulterior motives.
- Use your words.
For the wives
- Value sex as a vital component, not an accessory.
- Your husband feels emotionally close through physical closeness.
- We like to be pursued sometimes as well.
Listen (Audio Only)
- What would a “vision” for parenting include? What words would you use to describe the goal?
- Parents, what is, or was, your area of greatest disagreement when it comes to parenting? How have you worked those out?
- What are some principles for parenting, in your view?
- How does/could viewing your role as disciplemaker change your approach to parenting?
Listen (Audio Only)
- What are some unique characteristics of your marriage that the Lord might use?
- How are you, or could you be, serving Christ together?
- What are you, or can you be, doing as a couple to give of yourselves to friends, extended family, neighbors, and other members of the larger community?
- How do you think an outward focused marriage can benefit your relationship?